Tuesday 6 August 2013

DT card for SweetStamps.com and the theme is Silhouttes

Hi everybody!

I must say this year Scotland is definitely having a summer it is so warm and sunny! I am going to the Edinburgh Zoo with my Grandchildren today and is looking forward to that!

It is Tuesday and another challenge across at SweetStamps Challenge #129 and the theme is

SILHOUETTES


We'd love to see your Creations, so come and join the fun with us at 



You could win a $20 shopping spree for goodies at


SweetStamps.com's online store just by playing along!!

Click here for our complete Challenge Rules.


We have another Technique Challenge once a month and is ending on the 14 August. 
The theme for that challenge is Dryer Sheet Technique 
So come and share your lovely creations with us at Sweet Stamps monthly challenge here

***********

Here is my Recipe!


I loved making this stepper card because of the sunset and this
fisherman sitting fishing when sun is going down reminds me a lot of times in South Africa when we used to go fishing.
I used heavy Hammered card stock as my main card
I used Spellbinders Grand Oval nestabilities for the Orange coloured card 
and Plain Oval for this lovely frame stamp from SweetStamps.com.
I cut the circle in the middle out by hand 


This image is a lovely image from SweetStamps.com
This lovely Frame is from SweetStamps.com

I used Promarkers to colour my Image:
Canary, Bright Orange, Lipstick Red and Berry Red


I made this a stepper card to give this card depth


This is a square die and I cut it into 4 and formed these lovely Images with it.
I have not used Eye Lids for a long time and thought this would be lovely to add.

 Well I hope you enjoyed this project of mine and hope I could be of some inspiration to you!

Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy lives to visit my blog!
I would love comments and 
why not become a follower if you are not one yet! 
I would love that
xoxox


I am going to enter this project into the following Challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles - W, 3E C#183 (31) 10/8
The Crazy Challenge - 2W, 4E C#151 (91) 29/8
ABC Challenges - W, cards only, C#39 (17) 22/8

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love how you framed the silhouette with the oval scrollwork image and your sunset is breathtaking! Very pretty elements you created with the flourish medallion die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! This is so pretty with the colours, the silhoutte and the great idea with the medallion! Love it!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Denise!!! This is breathtaking!! Love the use of the SweetCuts and the frame around the silhouette image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that orange, makes your silhouette really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, thanks for coming to my blog since it gave me your link! This is an absolutely stunning card. The sunset is the most beautiful background made that I've ever seen. I love the fisherman...awesome card. Well, I'm going to go and cruise your blog now. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the medallion die cut! Great idea. Also love the sunset silhouette in the middle. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just LOVING this card! The layout is awesome- love the color pop you achieved, and the colors with the image- beautiful!!! The medallion cut in 4 is so awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! I love the background coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design, love the colors of the sunset. Love how you used the die to compliment the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the coloring you did in the BG. awesome card. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! LOVE how you frames the silhouette!! Great card design and colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card!!! thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very beautiful! Love the oval shape, the beautiful sunset look and the stepper card shape. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your shades of orange card! It's beautiful! Thank you for playing in our monochromatic challenge at ABC challenges this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice masculine card and great job with the step design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking time to leave me a comment! This is always very much appreciated!